A vegetarian friend of mine has cooked this for me a number of times, I personally like a fair amount of chili so that its really hot but the flavours carry through to a milder version if you prefer. The Perfect throw together dish that shouldn’t take you more than 15 mins from pot to plate.
2 cups of dried pasta of your choice Water to cook the pasta 1 pinch of salt 1 tin of cheap chopped tomatoes (cheaper the better as the water concentration is higher) 1 white onion, diced 1 teaspoon of Marigold Swiss vegetable bouillon (or 1 vegetable stock cube if you cant find this) 2 tablespoons of lemon juice 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped with the thick stalks removed (do not use dried, it completely alters the flavour) 1 or more chillis, finely chopped (depending on how much heat you want) 1 garlic clove, finely chopped Oil to cook
- Hang your dutch oven over your fire
- Add the water and bring to the boil, when the water is boiling add the pasta and the pinch of salt
- When cooked through remove from dutch oven and set aside, empty water from dutch oven.
- Rehang dutch oven over fire
- Add the oil and when the dutch oven is up to temperature add the onion and garlic
- Sweat the onions till they are almost see-through but do not burn (if you burn garlic it turns very bitter!)
- Add the tin of tomatoes and teaspoon of bouillon / stock cube
- Stir until the tomatoes start to simmer and the stock has fully mixed in
- Add the lemon juice and soy sauce
- Remove the dutch oven from the fire and stir in the coriander
- Pour over Pasta and serve, add salt to taste.